Creamy Cauliflower and Sage soup
Welcome to On the Cutting Floor. This is the Creamy Cauliflower and Sage soup
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Learn how to make an easy and full of flavor cauliflower and sage soup.
The creamy texture of this soup makes it an ideal addition to your kid’s lunch
My son loves it!
COOKING TIME: 25
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 3 medium size shallots
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of margarine
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of sage leaves
- dijon mustard to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the shallots thinly
- Add margarine to a medium size saucepan and let it melt at medium heat
- After that, add shallots to the saucepan and cook for about 5 min
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
- When the onions are cooked, add the two tbsp. of flour and mix well, cook it for 2 more minutes
- Now, slowly add the milk to the mixture and whisk to avoid lumps on the soup.
- Then, add the cauliflower (cut in small pieces) and the vegetable broth to the soup and let it boiled
- When boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- After this, take the soup to your food processor, add 1/2 of the sage leaves and liquefy it.
- Pour the soup again to your sauce pan and add the cheddar cheese
- Finally, add 1 to 2 tbsp of mustard to the mix and serve immediately.
- Place 3 to 4 sage leaves to the top of the soup for decoration
In terms of kitchen gadgets, this is my go-to food processor
You can always serve this soup with some butter buns as shown in the picture.
And that is all,
Thank you for reading this post and please let me know if you like the Creamy Cauliflower and sage soup.