The special insul bright material protects your food from high temperatures, but also keeps your warm dishes at the perfect temperature since the fibers of the insul bright “reflects the energy, hot or cold, back to its original temperature” (extracted from the Warm company website)
These covers are easy to make and able to adapt to any container by following some simple instructions.
1/4 yard of fabric
1/4 yard of bias tape
1. Mark the circumference you will cover.2. Measure the side of the container and add it to the radius.3. Cut the paper and mark on the fabric.4. Cut the smaller circumference and mark it in your insul bright.5. Place the insul bright in one of the sides and stitch in to keep it in place.
6. Place the two pieces of fabric together, right sides facing, and close the circle, only leaving a 2 inch opening.
7. Turn around and press flat
8. Close the opening.
9. Add the bias tape to the edge.
10. Add the shirring elastic to the outer side of the covers. I made 4 rows, 1/4 inch apart from each other.