SEW ALONG: ADDISON SKIRT PART 2
Thank you for stopping by today!
This is the second part of our Addison skirt Sew Along.
You can also find PART ONE here
This pattern comes with 4 different styles so here we will be covering VIEW A and B ( the ones with the front panels)
To learn more about the pattern, please click on the image below:
- Transfer the markings for the darts to your fabric.
- I like to press the fabric where the middle of the dart will be. This makes it easier for me to make the darts properly.
- You might also like to cut where the dart legs will be about 1/8 inch.
- Sew the darts
- You might want to use a pin to mark where you will top the dart. 6. Lift the presser foot and pull the thread before cutting it. You will need about 2 to 4 inches extra thread to make a small knot to secure the dart.
- Repeat with all the darts (front and back) and make the small knots. 8. Open the skirt and press the darts to the side seam.
1. Press the zipper to make it as flat as you can.
- Place the zipper and the left skirt panel together, right sides facing.
- Sew them together. Make sure to use your zipper presser foot, so you will get as closer to the zipper teeth as you can.
- This is how it will look. Now you will need to sew the other side to the skirt.
- I like to pin the bottom of the zipper to the right side of the skirt to secure it in place.
- Then, sew the other side of the zipper to the skirt
7 And press them flat.
- Sew the rest of the skirt center back.
- Now, press the seams open from the wrong side of the skirt.
And that is all for today!!!
Hope you have enjoyed this Sew along and makes it easier to construct the lovely Addison Skirt.
You can still buy this and all my patterns 50% OFF from my etsy store.
Use coupon SUMMERFUN