Thank you for stopping by today at On the Cutting Floor. This is the Simple Loose fit Raglan Top Sewing Tutorial
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Simple Loose fit Raglan Top Sewing Tutorial
- Place front and back bodice pieces together, right sides facing.
2. Stitch them together with an overlocking stitch or a zigzag stitch about 3/8 inch seam allowance.
3. Set aside and bring the sleeve pieces to the table.
4. Fold the sleeve lengthwise, with the right sides facing and stitch along the seam.
5. Repeat with the other sleeve and turn them to the right side.
6. Now, you will need o insert the sleeves into the raglan top. I like to double check that the sleeves are in the right side of the top ( the front part of the sleeve is 1 inch shorter)
7. Match the armscye seams and pin the sleeves to the top. Then, stitch the bodice and sleeves together.
8. Then, pull the sleeves to the wrong side.
9. The hemline: Fold the hemline 1 1/2 inch inside and press flat.
10. Then use a coverstitch or a double needle to make it look professionally.
11. Then, repeat this step with the neckline ( 3/8 inch seam allowance) and the cuffs ( 1 1/2 inch seam allowance).
12. If you do not have either a coverstitch or the double needle, use a triple zigzag stitch as shown on the cuffs below.