SEWING TUTORIAL: HOW TO MAKE A CAP SLEEVE TOP
- Place the front and back top bodice pieces together, right sides facing and match the shoulder seam.
2. Stitch the shoulder seams together with a zigzag or over locking stitch. Then, press flat.
3. After that, open the bodice and fold the armhole area by 3/8 inch. Press and stitch it with a zigzag or over locking stitch.
4. Then, fold the bodice again and stitch the side seams.
5. Now, fold the hemline by 1/2 inch and stitch along with a zigzag stitch, over locking stitch or a twin needle. Press the hemline flat after this.
6. The Neckband:
To create the neckband, measure the neckline of the top and reduce 2 inches of the total amount. The width of the neckband will be 2 1/2 inches, including seam allowance.
Then, fold the neckband in half and stitch the seams together.
7. Now fold the neckband in two, width-wise; press it flat.
8. Place the neckband on the neckline together, right sides facing. Remember to stretch the neckband a bit and place the neckband seam on the back bodice.
9. Stitch them together with an over locking stitch.
10. Trim the excess fabric from the neckband and top stitch the neckband by 1/8 inch.
And that is all.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy your pattern.