Thank you for visiting us today at On the Cutting Floor. This is the Easy Halloween Banner Sewing Tutorial
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
THE HALLOWEEN BANNER SEWING TUTORIAL
This is a very simple, 5 minute sewing project that is ideal for kids and new sewists or anyone who wants to make something fun for Halloween with a scrap buster project.
1/4 yard of cotton fabric
1/4 yard of woven interfacing
1 yard of double fold bias tape
Sewing Supplies: Coordinating thread, sewing machine, pins, scissors, etc.
- Cut the fabric using the free template at the end of this page.
- Place the fabric and the woven interfacing together. Press with your iron.
- Now, place two pieces of interfaced fabric together, right sides facing.
4. Stitch the sides together 3/8 inch from the edge.
5. Trim the excess fabric on the sides, about 1/4 inch.
6. After that, clip the corner by reducing it to 1/8 inch total seam allowance.
6. Now take the triangles and turn them to the right side. To turn the corners use a chopstick
7. Then, press them flat with your iron.
8. Make a few of them ( 1/4 yard will be enough to make 5 triangles)
10. Bring the bias tape to the table. Choose a coordinating color bias tape or a contrasting color to make it more fun.
11. Place the banners between the folded edge of the bias tape. Pin and place the next banner 2 inches apart from each other.
12. Take to your sewing machine and edge stitch the bias tape about 1/8 inch from the edge of it.
13. And your banner is ready!
Thank you for visiting us today and do not forget to share this post with your sewing friends out there!