Thank you for stopping by today at On the Cutting Floor. This is the 5 Minute Drawstring Bag Sewing Tutorial
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
1/4 yard of cotton
Sewing Supplies: Coordinating thread, sewing machine, regular sewing machine needles and scissors
5 Minute Drawstring Bag Sewing Tutorial
- Fold the fabric in two, with the right side up
2. Stitch the edge lengthwise 3/8 inch seam allowance.
3. Trim the excess seam allowance fabric, about 1/4 inch.
4. Turn it to the wrong side of the fabric. First, press the seam allowance with your fingers and then, use your iron to press the bag properly.
5. Stitch again, this time on the wrong side of the fabric, lengthwise 3/8 inch from the seam you have just made.
6. Stitch the bottom of the fabric with about 1/4 inch seam allowance.
7. Turn to the right side to mark the drawstring holes.
8. Fold the top of the bag 1 1/2 inch inside. Then, decide where the drawstring holes will be. I have placed it in the middle of it, 1/4 inch from the folded top.
9. Follow the indications on your sewing machine to make the buttonholes.
10. Now, set aside and start making the strap.