How to make an easy T-shirt with pockets
Place front and back bodice pieces together, right sides facing and match the shoulder seams.
- Stitch the shoulder seams with either a proper sewing machine stitch ( for stretch fabrics use a zigzag or overlocking stitch) or use a serger.
- Now, match the side seams and stitch them together on both sides.
- Set the bodice aside and bring the sleeves to the table.
- Fold the sleeves in half and match the seams together
- Then, stitch the seams on both sleeves
- Turn the sleeves to the right side and bring the bodice to the table.
- Insert the sleeves into the bodice. Remember to match the seams. Then, stitch them together.
- Now, pull the sleeves out of the top.
- For the hemline, fold the hem 3/4 inside. Press flat and sew it with a zigzag or overlocking stitch.
11. Repeat with with the cuffs.
12. For the pocket, fold the fabric on the rounded area with 3/8 inch inside. Press flat with your iron.
13. Stitch it together and press again.
14. Now fold the sides and bottom and top as shown in the picture below:
15. Stitch it with a zigzag stitch.
16. Now, pin it to the top (only on the front fabric!) and sew the top, sides and bottom with a 1/8 inch from the edge. DO NOT SEW THE CURVED AREA
17. Neckband: Fold the neckband into two, lengthwise and sew along the seam allowance. Then press flat.
18. Now fold the neckband into two, widthwise and press it.
19. Place the neckband on the neckline and machine baste it to the bodice. Remember that the neckband is shorter than the neckline, so it lays flat when finished.
20. Now, make an overlocking stitch on the seams and trim the excess fabric.
21. Now, you can topstitch the neckband with a 1/8 from the edge.
And that is all for today.
Thanks again for visiting us and remember to check on all our free sewing patterns 😉