Thanks for visiting us today.
Shopping online has become more and more prevalent these days. Specially when you want to find something different than what your local store can provide.
This is a trend that has been incorporated into the fabric shopping behavior of every single sewist out there.
It is easier than ever, convenient and the prices are very competitive.
There are a few things to keep in mind when buying fabric online:
1. Know your fabrics: The options and variety can be overwhelming, I know. When I started buying fabrics online, I decided to stick with the types of textile I knew. Then, I purchase a few books to learn more about fabrics and I felt confident enough to purchase a wider variety.
2. When unsure about the fabrics, purchase a swatch: It will make your life easier.
3. Check shipping options: I find this part very important. The shipping costs on a parcel are a deal breaker for me. I always double check the rates, the options and the extra costs that they have. Check before getting all excited! (trust me)
4. Check the fabric amounts: Some stores will ask the yardage amount you want to purchase, some will ask for meters. However, more independent fabric stores online will ask for a specific quantity; units you want to purchase (it can be 1/2 yard, 1/4 yard, etc). Check what will be the equivalent per unit purchased.
5. Look for a blog link to check on ideas for projects: Most fabric stores these days provide a blog with great tips, tutorials and projects showcasing their fabrics. This will give you a better idea of the overall quality of the fabrics you want to purchase and useful ideas for future projects.
6. Youtube videos: Similar to number 5. This has become more and more prevalent in fabric stores. The video tutorials are a great way to check on the fabric quality that the store is offering. Plus, there are great tips and ideas on them!
7. Find bloggers who often talk about its fabric store choices. It is always good to have a great recommendation before buying online 😉
Here is a short list of my favorite fabric stores online. They have been always helpful t answer my questions and the shipping rates (and time) are very convenient:
Please, click on the names to be re-direct to the online store:
Thanks for visiting us today!