Thank you for visiting On the Cutting Floor today. This is the Amy Skirt Tutorial
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
You can also sign up for our newsletter on the sidebar of this post, so you will never miss a post!
- Place side panel and the back center panel together, right sides facing, and sew along.
2. Repeat with the other side.
3. Open the skirt and press the seams flat open..
4. Top stitch the skirt panels by making a straight line 1/4 inch away from the original seam.
5. Repeat the same procedure from the back side of the skirt with the front, except for the left side seam should stay opened by 7 inches from the bottom.
The seams here must be top stitch in the same way the back side of the skirt was before.
6. Place front and back skirt pieces together, right sides facing and sew along the sides.
7. Fold the elastic in two and sew it together.
8. Pin the elastic to the to of the skirt. It must not stretch.
12. Finish by making a 1 1/2 inch hemline on it.
And that it is ready! I hope you like it as much as I do 🙂