Thank you for stopping by today at On the Cutting Floor. This is the Coin Purse Sewing Tutorial
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Coin Purse Sewing Tutorial
- 1/8 yard of woven fabric
2. 1/8 yard of woven interfacing
3. 1/8 yard of batting
4. 1 5” regular zipper
- Gather your materials:
2. Place the coin main fabric with the woven interfacing together, then press with your iron.
3. Add the batting to the MAIN fabric of your project.
4. Make parallel lines on the MAIN fabric to add the batting nicely.
5. Do the same with the strap (optional) and the other side of the coin purse MAIN FABRIC.
6. Now place one of the lining pieces, the zipper and the main fabric together, as shown on the picture below:
7. Pin and stitch them together.
8. Open them and check that the zipper has been sewn properly to the fabric.
9. Now, repeat this with the other side of the coin purse (sandwich the lining, zipper and main fabric together. Then, pin and stitch along the zipper)
10. After this, match the lining sides and the main fabric sides:
Set them aside.
11. Strap: Fold the fabric in two, then open and fold again matching the edges to the center of the fabric.
13. Press flat and stitch about 1/8 inch from the edge.
14. Fold it in two and add to the coin purse main fabric side.
14. Stitch around the main fabric 3/8 inch from the edge.
15. Open the zipper and pin where the opening will be.
16. Stitch around the lining, leaving the opening ready for turning the coin purse to the right side. 17. Turn to the right side and press flat.
18. Fold the opening 3/8 inch and finger press.
18. Then, sew along the opening carefully, about 1/8 to 1/16 inch from the edge.
And now your coin purse is ready!
Thank you again for reading this tutorial and happy sewing!