Easy Golden Gnocchi with Kale and Walnuts Cream
Thank you for visiting On the Cutting Floor. This is the Easy Golden Gnocchi with Kale and Walnuts Cream
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Gnocchi is one of my favorite meals of all time.
It is a great way to add some great flavour to your meals and use up the ingredients you have already on your shelves.
In this case, the turmeric and orange pepper are adding some much vibrance and color to this plate, that match up with a tasty kale sauce was a no-brainer!
PREPARATION TIME: 35
COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 4 medium size potatoes
- one cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 orange or yellow pepper
- 1/2 tspn of turmeric
- 1/3 tbsp of salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp of melted margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of walnuts
- Fill up 3/4 of water on a large size saucepan. Boil the water and add the potatoes unpeeled
- Cook them until they are soft
- Meanwhile, place the orange pepper on the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Now, take the potatoes out of the water, but keep the hot water to cook the gnocchi
- On a large bowl (like this one), peel the potatoes and mash them until soft
- Add the egg and mix well
- Place the cooked pepper on a food processor (like this one) and make a soft paste with it
- Add the pepper, salt and pepper to it
- Add the flour and mix well. You will have a soft paste with it.
- Separate the dough into 3 parts and make a long cylinder with each of them
- Add flour as needed.
- Then, cut the cylinder into 1 inch pieces and roll them into circles.
- Set aside
The kale cream
- In a small saucepan (like this one) place the thawed kale
- Add margarine, salt and pepper
- Now, add the grated cheese and let it melt
- Mix well
- Pour the content into a food processor and make a soft paste
Now, add the gnocchi to the hot water. After the gnocchi float, let them cook for 1 minute and quickly take them out of the water.
Serve with the kale cream and sprinkle some walnuts on top.
Now it is time to enjoy your meal.