Thank you for visiting us today. This is the Easy Sewing Tutorial: How to make a statement sleeve top
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
You can also visit our SEWING TUTORIALS and our SEWING REVIEWS.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Easy Sewing Tutorial: How to make a statement sleeve top
1.Place the front and back bodice on the table
2. Match the shoulder seams and stitch them together.
3. Open the bodice and place the sleeves on the armholes, as shown in the picture below
4. Pin the sleeves to the armholes and stitch them into the bodice. Press flat.
5. You can also topstitch the sleeves 1/8 from the edge.
6. Press it flat.
7. For the sleeve peplum, gather the top of the peplum by using a long stitch length. Remember to secure the stitches at the beginning and at the end.
8. Then, place the peplum and the sleeve together, right sides facing and stitch them together.
9. Now, fold the bodice on the wrong side of the fabric and stitch the side seams of the bodice and the sleeves together.
10. For the peplum, place the two pieces of peplum together, right sides facing and stitch them on the side seams.
11. Gather the fabric again on the top of it.
12. Turn the peplum to the wrong side.
13. Insert the bodice into the peplum, right sides facing; and pin along.
14. For the hemline and the cuffs, fold them into 1 inch to the inside.
15. Press them flat and use a zigzag stitch to finish
16. For the neckline, fold the fabric in two, lengthwise. Then, fold it by two again width wise.
17. Press it flat with your iron.
18. Add the neckband to the bodice. Remember to stretch the fabric of the neckband to adjust to the neckline.
19. Stitch the neckband and the neckline together with a regular stitch.
20. Press it flat and then use an overlocking and a zigzag stitch to finish the neckband.
21. Press again and topstitch the neckband by 1/8 inch from the edge.
And that is all for today!
Now, please enjoy the pattern here
Vicki Garlick says
Thanks so much for the free pattern but I couldn’t get it to download, so I tried one of you’re other patterns and they wouldn’t work either…the thank you came up but nothing send! ! Not sure what I’m doing wrong
Thank you for your message. After you add your email, you should receive a message in your inbox to CLAIM the DOWNLOAD. Have you checked on your spam emails to see if there is anything from onthecuttingfloor (at) gmail (dot) com?
Love the pattern. Will you be making it in a graded pattern?
Thank you. Yes, the pattern will be available very soon 🙂