Thank you for visiting On the Cutting Floor today. I am happy to present this easy sewing tutorial for a simple t-shirt for women.
FREE PATTERN ALERT: Easy short sleeve t-shirt
If this is your first time on our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids, and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing patterns for women.
FREE PATTERN ALERT:
Easy short sleeve t-shirt
- Gather all materials to create your short sleeve t-shirt.
2. Pin the shoulder area together, right sides facing. Then, stitch it with a zigzag or overlocking stitch. Press the seams flat.
3. Repeat this on the other shoulder side and press flat.
4. Then, open the bodice front and back pieces.
5. Add the sleeves to the bodice, making sure you match the notches on the front and back sleeves to the front and back armholes.
6. Then, fold the t-shirt and pin the side seams including the sleeves together with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
After this, stitch the side seams and sleeves with a zigzag or overlocking stitch.
7. Now, fold the sleeve cuffs with a 1” seam allowance and press flat. Stitch the cuffs with a zigzag stitch or use a twin needle. Remember to turn the shirt to the right side to use the twin needle.
8. Repeat this with the hemline area.
9. Finally, fold the neckline to the inside with a 1” seam allowance. Press and softly stretch the fabric to adjust the neckline.
Use either a zigzag or a twin needle to stitch the neckline together.
And that is all!
Thank you for reading our newsletter and happy sewing