Hearty Tomato Soup
Welcome to On the Cutting Floor. This is the Hearty Tomato Soup
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Learn how to prepare this hearty and easy Tomato soup.
This traditional tomato soup is, by far, one of the easiest and most rewarding soup recipes out there.
The Soup has a delicate consistency and it is a great addition to a healthy living
Add parsley for an extraordinary flavor!
TIME: 10-15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 5 medium size tomatoes
- 1 medium size red onion
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of margarine
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 2 cloves or garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
FROM THE ARCHIVES: Creamy Cauliflower and Sage soup
- Cut each tomato into four pieces
- Slice the onion thinly
- Add margarine to a medium size saucepan and let it melt at medium heat
- After that, add the onion and the tomatoes to the saucepan and cook for about 5 min
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
- When the onions are cooked, add the 1 small teaspoon of flour and mix well, cook it for 2 more minutes
- Now, slowly add the vegetable broth to the mixture and whisk to avoid lumps on the soup.
- Let it boiled and reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes
- Add half of the parsley leaves to the soup and pour it to your food processor, and liquefy it.
- Pour the soup again to your sauce pan and add the cheese
- If you wish, place 3 to 4 parsley leaves to the top of the soup for decoration
In terms of kitchen gadgets, this is my go-to food processor
The hearty tomato soup is the perfect lunch when combine with some blue cheese and crackers
And that is all,
Thank you for reading this post and please let me know if you like the Hearty Tomato Soup