How to Make the Olivia Off the Shoulder Top
- Place the front and back bodice pieces together, right sides facing and sew along the side seam.
- Serge the armhole area or use a zigzag stitch to prevent the fabric from fraying
- Then, fold the armhole 1/4 inch to the wrong side and press.
After that, sew along 1/4 inch.
- Now, make a straight stitch 3/8 inch along the hemline.
- Now fold the fabric to the wrong side using the stitchline. Press flat.
- Now fold again and sew along the hemline 3/8 inch from the edge.
- STRAPS: Place both pieces of the strap together, right sides facing and sew along the sides.
- Now, serge along the bottom of the strap or use a zig zag stitch to prevent the fabric from fraying.
- Place the right sides of the strap to the right side of the bodice.
- Sew along the front and back. Then, press flat on the right side.
- Fold the fabric from the strap about 2 inches to the inside of the top. Press again.
After that, sew along the edge of the fold you have just made (i.e. 2 inches from the top) Remember to leave a 4” opening to insert the elastic into it.
- Grab the elastic and add two safety pins to it, one on each edge.
- Now, pin one side to the top opening and insert the other pin into the hole
- Pull the elastic all the way through the casing until you have both sides on your hands. Then, sew them together and close the opening you made to insert the elastic.
Leave a Reply