Thank you for visiting us today.
Here is our newest Free pattern: The Gathered Skirt Pattern.
This pattern is available in all sizes (please check out measurement chart below)
NEW PATTERN ALERT: The Gathered Skirt Pattern
If this is your first time on our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids, and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing patterns for women.
- 1 1/2 yard of woven fabric
- Coordinating thread
- 1 meter of 1” elastic
- Twin needle
1. Place the two pieces of main fabric together, wrong sides facing, so you can make some easy French seams
2. Stitch along the side seam.
3. Cut the extra fabric on the seam allowance.
4. Turn the main skirt piece to the wrong side and press with your iron.
5. Stitch along the wrong side now, 3/8 inch seam allowance. Press again
6. Elastic waistband: Fold the fabric 1 1/2 inch to the wrong side. Press flat.
7. Fold the waistband again, 3/8 inch to the inside and press with your iron.
8. Stitch along the waistband, 1/8 inch from the edge.
9. Leave an opening of 4 inches wide. Then, press again
10. Insert the elastic: Bring the elastic to the table and place two safety pins to hold the elastic.
11. Put one safety pin on each side of the elastic.
12. Clip one to the skirt on the outside. 13. And now insert the other safety pin to the skirt.
14. Pull it all the way to the other side. Grab both sides of the elastic and stitch them together.
15. Pull the elastic inside and re-arrange it to be well proportioned.
16. Close the opening of the skirt.
17. Press again.
18. Hemline: Fold the hemline 1 1/2 inch.
19. Press it with your iron to create a crease.
20. Fold again with a 3/8 inch to the wrong side of the fabric.
21. Take it to the sewing machine and stitch along the hemline, 1/8 inch from the edge.
22. Press it flat with your iron.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy your free pattern 🙂