Thank you for visiting On the Cutting Floor today. This is the Raglan Top For Kids Tutorial
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
You can also sign up for our newsletter on the sidebar of this post, so you will never miss a post!
Raglan Top For Kids Tutorial
This is a very easy sewing pattern to make for kids. The pattern is available in sizes 12 to 8 years and you can download the FREE printable PDF sewing pattern here.
Please, remember to check on the measurement chart to know exactly which size you will need.
The Step by step picture sewing tutorial will have an update very soon with a more detail and easy to follow instructions.
If you like, you can bookmark this page to keep it for future reference.
Click on the pictures to enlarge:
- place front and back bodice pieces together, right sides facing and stitch along the side seams.
2. Set the bodice aside. Bring the sleeves and fold them lengthwise. Stitch along the side seam.
3. Turn the sleeves to the right side. Insert them into the bodice and match the seams. Then, stitch them to the bodice.
4. Set aside. Bring the neckline strap to the table and fold it in half. Stitch along the side.
5. Now, fold the strap in two and press it flat.
6. Pin the neckband to the raglan top neckline area. The neckband must stretch a bit, about 20% to match the neckline. Then, stitch them together.
7. Press it flat and top stitch it.
8. Finish the raglan top by making the hemline ( 1 1/2 inch) and the cuffs ( 1 inch)
Thank you for visiting us!
Remember to check on our Free sewing patterns and tutorials on the navigation bar.