Thank you for visiting us today. This is the tutorial to make the Long Sleeve Raglan t-shirt.
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
You can also sign up for our newsletter on the sidebar of this post, so you will never miss a post!
For the full information about the pattern, please check here.
Sewing Tutorial: How to make a raglan top
- Place front and back bodice together, right sides facing and sew the sides.
- Press flat.
- Get the upper and lower sleeves.
4. Place the lower sleeve at the top of the upper sleeve. Right sides facing. Sew horizontally, so you will make one long sleeve.
5. Open and press the seams.
6. Waistband: Take the front and back waistband and sew the sides. Press the seams flat.
6. Fold it in two.
7. Place the waistband with the bodice together. The folded part of the waistband must be facing upwards, so you match the raw edges of the bodice with the waistband.
Sew along. Remember to match the side seams.
7. Press the seams upwards.
8. Now fold the sleeve and sew the seam.
8. Repeat with the other sleeve.
9. Then, turn them to the right side.
10. Insert the sleeves into the top. Remember to match seams. Sew along the armhole.
11. Turn the sleeve to the wrong side.
12. Fold the neckband into two and sew along the side.
13. Now, fold the neckline as you did with the waistband.
14. Pin the neckband to the neckline of the t-shirt. Remember that the neckline is 1/4 smaller than the neckline on the top, so you must need to stretch at the shoulders to make sure it matches the top.
15. Sew along and press the seams downwards.
16. Top stitch the neckband by making a 4.5 stitch length parallel line on the neckline. The line must be about 1/4 inch away from the original seam.
Repeat this process on the waistband.
17. Finish the top by making the hem on the sleeves. Fold the sleeve 1 inch from the bottom and sew along. You can make two parallel lines or use a double needle to do so.
And that is all!