this is the Sewing tutorial: How to make an easy knit top
If you have landed on this page, please refer to the Easy DIY knit top pattern information here
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
You can also visit our SEWING TUTORIALS and our SEWING REVIEWS.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Sewing tutorial: How to make an easy knit top
- Place front and back bodice together, right sides facing and stitch the shoulder seams with an overlocking or zigzag stitch. Remember that this pattern has 3/8 inch seam allowance, the stitch length will be 1/4 inch, so you will need to trim the excess fabric from it to give the best looking result.
2. Now, place the side seams of the front and back top together, right sides facing and use the overlocking or zigzag stitch again to close the seams.
3. For the hemline: Fold the hemline 1 inch to the inside of the top. Press it with a medium heat iron setting and take it to the sewing machine. Stitch along the hemline with a zigzag stitch as shown in the picture below.
4. When finished press flat with your iron again for the best result.
5. Follow steps number 3 and 4 to make the neckline. This top does not include a facing, so this will be the easiest way to finish your top.
Always remember not to stretch your fabric while sewing.
6. The sleeves: Fold the sleeves in half as shown in the picture below and stitch along the side with an overlocking or zigzag stitch.
7. Now turn the sleeves to the right side and place them next to the top.
7. Then, insert the sleeve into the top and match the seams. Pin as needed and stitch around the armscye. Trim the excess fabric as well.
8. Pull the sleeve out of the top and press the seams accordingly.
9. For the cuffs, you will need to repeat steps number 3 and 4 again and press flat.
And that is all for today.
I love this top and I hope you too!
Remember to share with your sewing friends <3
Happy Sewing everyone!
Leave a Reply