Thank you for stopping by today. This is Sewing tutorial: How to make an easy hoodie.
This is an easy sewing pattern with two sleeve length options
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
For the printing instructions and pattern information, please click here.
Sewing tutorial: How to make the Easy Hoodie
Prepare your pieces. You will need to pre wash your fabrics before cutting it.
- After everything is cut, press the pieces so they are ready to sew. You can choose to use a serger for this project, or you can zig zag the pieces with your sewing machine.
- Prepare the sleeves: Take the upper sleeve.
- Place the bottom sleeve on the top, right sides facing. Sew along the mid section.
5. After that, press the seams down.
6. Then, top stitch sleeve 2/8 inch from the original seam.
Repeat this with the other sleeve.
7. Fold the sleeve and sew the seam.
8. Bodice: Place front and back bodice pieces together, right sides facing and sew along the shoulders and sides.
9. Turn the sleeves to the right side and insert them into the bodice. To do this, the bodice must be on its wrong side, so the sleeve and bodice right sides are together.
10. Sew the sleeves to the top and press the seams flat.
11. Check on the picture below to have an idea how the sleeve should look like.
12. Hoodie: Place both sides of the hoodie together, right sides facing.
Sew along the curve area until you reach the notch mark at the bottom, marking the area where the hoodie will be attached to the neckline.
13. Double fold the head opening of the hoodie. First by 1/4 inch, then 3/4 inch and press flat. Then stitch it.
15. Now, attach the hoodie to the top, so you must start on the middle of the front bodice + 3/4 inch.
In this way, you will be able to overlap the hoodie opening.
Adjust if necessary.
16. Pin all around and sew the hoodie to the bodice and press the seams flat.
Now, top stitch the hoodie seams to the bodice by making a line 2/8 inch away from the original seam.
16.Finish the sleeve cuffs by folding the fabric 3/4 inch and sewing 2 parallel lines, so this will give the effect of using a coverstitch
17. Press flat and repeat this procedure with the hemline.
I hope you have enjoy this tutorial and do not forget to send me some pictures of your finished garments!