- Place the legging on a table.
2. Fold it in half, right side facing and matching the inseam.
3. Stitch the inseam with a zigzag, over locking or you might use a serger
4. Repeat this step with the other leg of the legging.
5. Now, turn one of the legs to the right side. Insert this leg into the other one.
6. Match inseam and crotch line and stitch the legs together.
7. Then, turn both legs to the wrong side of the fabric and fold the hemline 1/2 inch inside. Stitch the hemline with a zigzag or over locking stitch. You might also want to use a double needle.
8. Waistband: Place the two sides of the waistband together, right sides facing.
9. Stitch the center and back seam and repeat this step with the other two pieces.
10. Turn one of the waistband to the right side. Insert the waistband that is on the wrong side of the fabric into it and match the seams. Then, stitch them together on the upper side of the band.
11. Open the waistband and spread both sides flat onto your table. Press it.
12. Now turn place both waistband parts together again, wrong sides facing.
13. Insert the waistband into the leggings and match the front and back center seam.
14. Stitch them together with a zigzag, over locking stitch or by using your serger.
14. Then, turn the waistband up to its right side and top stitch the seam. I used an over locking stitch here to do that.
And it is ready. I hope you enjoy this pattern and please click the button below to download.
Leave a Reply