Thank you for stopping by today at On the Cutting Floor. This is the Simple Cut out Free Sewing Tutorial
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
Simple Cut out Free Sewing Tutorial
- Front bodice: Bring the top and bottom pieces of the front bodice to the table
2. Fold the top and the bottom 3/8 inch in and pin along 1” to 2” apart.
3. Check that the two pieces of the front bodice match perfectly about 1 1/2 inch overlapping as in the picture below:
4. Stitch the bodice pieces. I used a triple zigzag stitch.
5. Overlap the pieces together, 1 1/2 inch with the top piece on top. Pin and take to the sewing machine.
6. Stitch them together, 3/8 inch along the armscye
7. Place the back bodice piece on top and match the shoulder seams.
8. Pin the shoulder seam and stitch them front and back pieces together.
9. Then, repeat this with the side seams: Pin them together and stitch them with either an overlocking stitch or a triple zigzag stitch.
10. Bring the sleeve pieces to the table
11. Fold the sleeves lengthwise and stitch them 3/8 inch seam allowance.
12. Turn the sleeves to the right side of the fabric and keep the bodice on the wrong side.
13. Insert the sleeve into the bodice and make sure to match the seams from the bodice to the sleeve.
14. Pull the sleeves to the wrong side.
15. Fold the neckline to the inside, 5/8 inch. Then stitch it with either a zigzag stitch or a tripe zigzag stitch.
16. Fold the hemline in 1 1/2 inch and press it flat with your iron.
17. Stitch it along with a zigzag stitch.
18 Then repeat with the cuffs as well.
And that is all, now download the pattern here.