Skater Dress sewing Tutorial
- Place front and back bodice pieces together, right sides facing.
2. Stitch along the side and shoulder seams with an overlocking or the zigzag stitch
3. The sleeves: Fold the sleeves in half and press flat. Then, stitch the armhole seam with a zigzag or an overlocking stitch.
4. Fold the bottom of the sleeve 1 inch inside. Then, stitch the hem with a zigzag stitch or with a twin needle.
5. Turn the sleeves to the right side and insert them into the bodice as shown in the picture.
6. Stitch the sleeves around the armhole and press the seams flat.
7. Skirt: Place both skirt sides together, right sides facing and stitch the middle seams with a zigzag or an overlocking stitch. Press them flat.
8. Insert the bodice into the skirt, right sides facing and match the center bodice with the middle seams on the skirt. Stitch them together with a zigzag or overlocking stitch. Then press the seams flat.
9. Fold the hemline about 1 inch and press flat to the inside of the skirt. Use a zigzag stitch or a twin needle. Then, press flat.
10. The neckband: Fold the neckband in half.
11. Baste the neckband to the neckline with a straight stitch to make sure that it lays flat on the bodice. The neckband should be about 25% smaller than the neckline (depending on the fabric you choose, this can vary)
12. Place the neckband sides together, right sides facing and stitch them with a zigzag stitch.
13. Then, press the neckband and stitch it with an overlocking stitch. Press again after.
14. After that, top stitch the neckband with a twin needle.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy your pattern 🙂