Thank you for visiting us today.
Here is our newest Free pattern: The Gathered Skirt Pattern.
This pattern is available in all sizes (please check out measurement chart below)
FREE PATTERN ALERT:
The Paperbag Skirt
If this is your first time on our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids, and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing patterns for women.
- 1 1/2 yard of woven fabric
- Coordinating thread
- Twin needle
- 2 Medium size metallic rings
- Place both back pieces together, right sides facing and sew the center back seam with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
- LACE BOTH BACK PIECES TOGETHER, RIGHT SIDES FACING AND SEW THE CENTER BACK SEAM WITH A 3/8 INCH SEAM ALLOWANCE.
- Press flat
- Now place the back skirt with the front skirt together, right sides facing and stitch them together with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
- Press the seams flat again.
- Gathered the front skirt pattern by machine basting the skirt, until the front and back skirt pieces are the same width.
- Now place two waistband pieces together, right sides facing and pin them together on both side seams
- Stitch the waistband with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
- Then, stitch the other waistband pieces together as instruction number 7
- After this, place both waistband pieces together and stitch them with a 3/8 inch seam allowance on the top
- Turn the waistband to the right side of the fabric
- Now, place the skirt and the waistband together, right sides facing.
- Pin the top of the skirt and the bottom of the waistband together
- Stitch the waistband and the skirt together with a 3/8 inch seam allowance
- Press the seams flat
- Now set the skirt aside and bring the strap to the table
- FOLD THE STRAPS in half and press it flat.
- Then, open it again and fold the belt loops to the inside of the fabric. Press again.
- After this, fold them again in half and press. Finally stitch the sides, top and bottom of the loops with a 1/8 inch seam allowance.
- Place the strap around the waistband and insert both rings into one end of the strap.
- Double fold the strap and stitch it with 1/8 inch seam allowance.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy your free pattern 🙂