Thank you for visiting us today.
Here is our newest Free pattern: The Easy poncho
This pattern is available in one standard size
FREE SEWING PATTERN:
The easy poncho
If this is your first time on our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids, and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing patterns for women.
- 1 1/2 yard of medium weight knit fabric
- Twin needle (optional)
- Ballpoint needle
- Place front and back pieces together, right sides facing and sew the shoulder seam with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
- Then, place the front and back collar pieces together, right sides facing. Then stitch the seam with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
- Press flat
- Now fold the collar in half with the seams inside (right side of the fabric facing)
- Press the collar and pin in to the neckline of the poncho, matching the seams of the shoulder and the collar together.
- Stitch the collar to the neckline with a 3/8 inch seam allowance. Use a zigzag stitch or an overlocking stitch to do this.
- Turn the collar to the right side of the fabric and press flat again.
- Then, fold the sides of the poncho with a 1” seam allowance. Pin in place.
- Now, stitch the side seams with a twin needle or use a zigzag stitch.
- Repeat step 8 and 9 with the bottom of the poncho.
- Press the seams flat.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy your free pattern 🙂