Thank you so much for stopping by today! This is my new free pattern, the Fringe Clutch Pattern
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
There is also a sign up for our newsletter on the sidebar of this post, so you will never miss a post!
After making the Fringe Bag, I just thought that it would be great to have a smaller option; something to carry my cellphone and keys, without carrying a big bag.
That is why I have made this small clutch pattern. I love it already! It is cute and full of personality.
- 1/4 yard of faux leather
2. 1/4 yard of cotton print for lining
3. 1/4 yard of woven interfacing
INSTRUCTIONS for the Fringe Clutch Pattern
- Start by adding the interfacing to the lining pieces.
2. Then, take one of the lining pieces and the clutch facing.
3. Place the facing and the lining together, right sides facing and sew lengthwise.
3. Topstitch the lining by making a straight line parallel to the seam 1/8 inch away.
Repeat this procedure with the other side of the lining.
ADDING THE POCKET to the Fringe Clutch Pattern:
LEAVE A 4-5” OPENING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LINING.
12. Place front and back clutch pieces together, right sides facing, and sew along the sides and bottom.
14. Then, place the lining and main clutch parts together, right sides facing. (tuck the fringe piece as well!!!)
Sew along the top of the bag.
15. Turn the back to the right side by using the 4-5” lining opening.
16. After that, start cutting the fringe 1/8 to 2/8 inch apart.
17. Now you can topstitch the clutch 5/8 inch from the seam.
18. Gather the materials. You will need:
Spare pair of scissors
The turning lock part will e at the bottom of the clutch.
- Mark where the clutch turn lock will be (follow the pattern marks for this!)
- Make two small cuts on the sides of the line (not the whole line)
- Insert the turn lock.
- Close it (remember that you will have the lining opened at the bottom to do this part)
ADDING THE FACE PLATE to the Fringe Clutch Pattern :
Now that the turn lock is in place, you will need to add the face plate and the back plate to the top part of the bag
- Take the face plate and mark where it should go on the bag.
- Make sure that it is an appropriate distance, so the bag can be closed nicely.
- Cut the fabric using the face plate as template for it.
- place the face plate on the front of the bag
19. Place the back plate on the back of the clutch and close.
20. Fold the straps inside as shown in the picture. Sew along the edges.
21. Finally, add the straps to the outside corners of the bag and sew along. Follow the marks from the pattern.
And that’s it!
Here is the pattern to download. Please notice that the pattern does not include the straps.