FREE SEWING PATTERN: Fiona Dress
This dress comes with no seam allowance
- Iron the invisible zipper so it lays flat when adding it to the dress.
- Add the zipper to the other side of the upper dress
- Now fold the rest of the fabric from that side and sew along the side seam.
- Press the seams opened and top stitch the side seam on both sides.
- Repeat on the other side
- Turn the dress to the right side and press.
- Bring the flounce top and place both pieces together, right sides facing.
- Sew along the sides of the flounce
- Press the seams opened and top stitch the sides.
- Insert the flounce into the dress top, right side of the flounce facing the wrong side of the dress.
- Remember to match the seams on both sides.
- Sew along the top 3/8 inch from the edge.
- Remember to fold the fabric in at the zipper area
- Sew along the side seam of the flounce.
- Now, turn the dress to the right side and place the flounce to the right side as well. Press the seams so the wrong side of the dress does not shows on the top of the flounce.
- Sew along the top of the dress 1/4 to 3/8 inches from the edge.
- Hemline: finish the dress by folding the bottom 1/2 inch and sewing along with a twin needle.
Leave a Reply