Thank you for visiting On the Cutting Floor today.
This is the easy step by step sewing tutorial to learn how to sew a long sleeve t-shirt with hoodie for kids.
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
How to sew a long sleeve t-shirt with hoodie
- Place the front and back bodice together, and match the shoulder seams.
2. Stitch the shoulder seams with a 3/8 inch seam allowance. For this step, use a zigzag or an overlocking stitch for it. You might also use a serger for the seams of the top. Set aside.
3. Bring the sleeves to the table. Fold the bottom by 1 inch to the inside of the sleeve. Press flat with your iron.
4. Place the bottom sleeve piece and overlap the pieces by 1 inch. Pin them together.
5. Stitch them together with a zigzag stitch or a twin needle.
6. Press the seams flat. The t-shirt will look like the picture below:
7. Now, bring the bodice to the table and place the top flat with the sleeves facing the armhole area.
8. Pin the sleeves and the bodice together, right sides facing and stitch them with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
9. Now, fold the bodice and the sleeves on the wrong side and press the seams flat. Then, stitch the side seams and sleeves together.
10. Turn the top to the right side and press the seams flat.
11. For the hemline, turn the shirt to the wrong side again and fold it 1 inch .
12. Stitch the hemline with a zigzag stitch or a twin needle.
13. For the sleeves, repeat the hemline steps.
14. The hoodie: Place both pieces of the hoodie together, right sides facing. Remember to make the notches on the front of the hoodie.
15. Stitch the hoodie curved area with an overlocking stitch or a zigzag stitch.
16. Fold the front of the hoodie and press flat. Then stitch it.
17. Now, overlap the hoodie by matching the front notches.
18. Start pinning the hoodie to the neckline, starting at the front of the t-shirt.
19. Pin the hoodie completely to the neckline and stitch them together.
20. Finally, press it carefully.
And now it is ready.
I hope you enjoy this sewing tutorial and remember to check on our blog patterns 🙂
Now, here is the pattern: