This is the Sewing Tutorial: how to make the Arizona dress pattern for girls
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
You can also sign up for our newsletter on the sidebar of this post, so you will never miss a post!
You can download the printable version for free.
Enjoy the pattern!
Sewing Tutorial: how to make the Arizona dress pattern for girls
1. Place front and back bodice pieces together, right sides facing and sew along the shoulders
2. Place the bodice and facing, right sides together and pin them. Then, sew the neckline from the front and back.
3. Trim the excess fabric from the neckline.
4. Turn around and put it aside.
5. Sleeves: fold the sleeves lengthwise and sew the the sides of it.
6. Turn them around and top stitch the sides.
7. Place the sleeves on the bodice, pinning them carefully, so you make sure that the outside and inside of the dress are well-finished.
8. Double fold by 1/4 inch the bottom of the facing, as shown in the picture below.
9. Place the waist band and the bodice together, right sides facing and sew.10. Double fold the back of the dress, both sides, by 1 inch. Pin them and sew a rectangular, covering the bodice and the waistband length.
Please follow the instructions on your sewing machine to make the buttonholes accordingly.11. Top stitch the neckline of the dress.12. Skirt: Place the front and the back of the skirt together. Pin and sew the sides.
13. Place the skirt and the bodice together, right sides facing. Pin and sew it as shown below. Notice that the buttonhole area is overlapped.
14. Now, the finish hemline is made with a bias tape in contrasting color. Pin it to the skirt hemline and sew it in place. Remember to start form the back seam so the finish look will me better.
15. When reaching the end of the bias tape, fold it to the inside of the skirt and carefully, stitch in the area.And the Arizona dress is ready!