Simple DIY Boatneck top
If this is your first time in our blog, remember to check our FREE SEWING PATTERNS page.
On that page you will find our collection of free sewing patterns for women, kids and men.
We also have an ETSY STORE, where you will find unique and modern sewing pattern for women.
1. Place front and back pieces together and match the shoulder seams.
2. Pin them together by the shoulder and take it to your sewing machine.
3. Stitch them together, for this top I used an overlocking stitch from my sewing machine ( no serger!). Then, repeat this step with the other shoulder.
4. Now, match the side seams and pin them together, 1 inch pin apart.
5. Stitch the side seams with a 3/8 inch seam allowance and then, repeat the process on the other side.
6. Set aside and bring the sleeves to the table. Fold the sleeve lengthwise.
7. Now, stitch the side seam 3/8 inch seam allowance. Do the same with the other sleeve.
8. Turn the sleeve to the right side and bring the bodice to the table. You will need to insert the sleeve into the top.
9. Stitch the sleeves to the top, making sure that you have much the seams from the bodice to the sleeve. Use 3/8 inch seam allowance.
Repeat with the other side.
10. Now turn the neckline in about 5/8 inch and pin along.
11. Then, stitch it carefully.
12. Finish the top by making the hemline and cuffs 1 1/2 inch.
12. For this part I used a triple zigzag stitch with is easy and fast to make, plus it keeps the stitches for not breaking when pulling.