Today post is Sewing Tutorial: How to make the A-line top.
This is an easy, ready to wear A-line top with lots of character. The pattern includes in seam pocket for a modern (and practical) look.
PLEASE NOTICE THAT THIS TUTORIAL IS ALSO USEFUL FOR THE PAM TOP PATTERN. THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THE IN SEAM POCKETS ON THE A-LINE TOP
If this is your first time here, please feel free to visit our PDF sewing patterns page, our Sewing tutorials and our Sewing Reviews.
You might also like to see our Etsy store with great modern, unique PDF printable sewing pattern for women.
Plus, you might also like to sign up for our newsletter. There, you will receive a weekly email with the new pattern releases, roundups and giveaways!
Learn how to make the A-line top pattern.
This tutorial is also suitable for the Pam top. Notice that only the pockets are not added on that pattern.
1. Start by adding the pockets to the side seams.
2. Place one pocket side to the front bodice. Follow the notches from the pattern.
3. Press Flat.
6. Then, place front and back bodices together and
sew along the side seams and pocket.
8. Sew the shoulders. Press them flat.
Inserting the Zipper
9. Start by pressing the zipper flat. It will help you to get better results.
Please notice on the picture that the zipper is facing the top right side.
11. Place the zipper on the other side of the top, then, press them flat.
15. Sew along the first fold of the bias tape ( 1/4 inch.) This pattern comes ready to do this. With other patterns, you will need to double check the amount of seam allowance on the neckline area and reduce
accordingly before placing the bias tape.
16. Press the bias tape flat to the inside of the top.
17. Sew along the neckline.