How to make the Rachel Skirt
LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY RUCHED SKIRT
- First, download the Rachel skirt here. It will give you a FREE PDF sewing pattern to make your skirt. The pattern is available in sizes 4 to 22 and in letter and A4 paper format.
2. Check on the information below: The tutorial will have two colors to differentiate the wrong and right side of the garment. Black will be the color for the right side and blue the color for the wrong side of the fabric.
3. Follow the instructions on the image below:
3. To this point, you will be almost done the skirt. Hooray!
4. On this image, you will learn how to add the elastic. For the PDF pattern I made, the elastic sits right below the hip area, making the ruched area from the lower hip to the bottom of the skirt. You can change this or modified the pattern. Remember that less ruched at the bottom of the skirt, longer this one will be.
5. Here, you will add the waistband to the skirt. Pay attention to the right side and wrong side of the skirt and remember that the waistband will be turn to the right side by folding into the front. That is why you will sew the skirt the way is explained below:
And it all for today!
If you have any questions, please contact me or leave a comment.